segunda-feira, 13 de agosto de 2012

Preview: DEADMAU5 - Album Title Goes Here

Deadmau5 has got a new album. Yeah, not surprising since he promised one back in 2011.
Now 2012 is ending and we finally have an album. Well but guess what?
It's a great album, and it's gone back to the For Lack of a Better Name vibe, which was my favorite album from the mau5.

The tracklist is freaking amazing. That I must say it is.
However, it is missing two tracks which I think are tremendously important.


First, AURAL PSYNAPSE. Aural. Freaking. Psynapse.
This track made people regain trust in Deadmau5, and provided us with a worthy successor to Strobe, becoming the true Strobe, Part II. It's my favorite track of the Album Title Goes Here era, so to me it is just unforgivable.

Second, WHERE'S MY KEYS.
This one is miles better than the much acclaimed Superliminal in my view, however, it was a track people talked for weeks and weeks, being the highlight of Meowingtons Hax tour, plus being the confirmation, given by Aural Psynapse, that Joel was done with stuff like 4x4=12, after Maths hinted it to people.


Other than that, the tracklist is pretty much perfect, but the single omission of those two tracks may be enough to keep me from buying it. Sorry Joel, but give us a deluxe edition (in case you're wondering, in this era he released enough tracks to fill two CDs to the max, more than enough actually) with AP and WMK and we have a deal.


Tracklist:
01. Superliminal
02. Channel 42
03. The Veldt (which I hope, I hope it is the 11 minute original mix, because this song needs the tribal drums)
04. Fn Pig
05. Professional Griefers
06. Maths
07. There Might Be Coffee
08. Take Care of the Proper Paperwork (I didn't like Don't Forget The Paperwork, I hope this is not it)
09. Closer
10. October
11. Sleepless
12. Failbait
13. Telemiscommunications



Tracks I've heard (I've heard Channel 41, not 42; and I don't remember October):
SUPERLIMINAL - 7/10
VELDT - 8.5/10
FN PIG - 7/10
PROFESSIONAL GRIEFERS - 8.5/10
MATHS - 7.5/10
THERE MIGHT BE COFFEE - 9/10
CLOSER - 8.5/10
FAILBAIT - 7/10

Yeah, it looks really promising.



Preview: 8/10, I'm betting my final score will either be 7.5 or 8.5, depending on the new track. I'm really interested on Telemiscommunications.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário